I have a book deal! I'm just as surprised as you are.

Monday, November 23, 2009


My novel is going to be published in Australia & New Zealand by Text Publishing in September of next year.

Yes, I know. I'm just as surprised as you are. In fact, more so. Dependent on the degree of your surprisedness.

I'll borrow a little bit from their newsletter:


We're thrilled to announce that in September 2010 we'll publish the debut love story of 15-year-old Melburnian Steph Bowe. Steph runs a blog called Hey! Teenager of the Year and her voice in the as-yet-untitled novel will knock your socks off—so mature, gutsy, funny and true. It's the story of two messed-up teenagers, Jewel and Sacha, as they stare down death and fall in love. Steph's going to find fans old and young all over the world, and we're honoured to be the publisher who will launch her career.

(I'm just trying to come to terms with the fact that I wrote a love story. It's kind of embarrassing.)

Huge thanks to my agent, Ginger Clark, as well as to my parents for tolerating me for fifteen years. And my nan, hi Nan! (She reads this blog, you know.) And of course the amazing people at Text, for taking me on board!

I'm going to finish up by quoting myself from the press release (I know! Me, quoted! Press release!):
‘I am absolutely thrilled that Text is publishing my novel. I’m pinching myself every five seconds to make sure this is real. I’m definitely looking forward to working with the brilliant people at Text and excited for everything that’s yet to come!’
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground