Sex in YA with a side of eerily accurate horoscopes

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Aquarius Jan 20th - Feb 18th
People will come from miles around to seek your wisdom on all manner of things, which is proof that people will do anything for a good laugh.
So true.

Now that you've listened to me rant about sparkly vampires and why freaks are awesome, I want your opinion on something.

Sex in YA literature.

Distasteful? Necessary?

Do you agree with Stephenie Meyer's concept that teenage sex is okay as long as you're married? Do you think sex has no place in books for teenagers? Do you believe that the sexual escapades of the characters in Gossip Girl are a true representation of youth today?

Which books have handled this well, or badly? And how much is too much?

I'd really like to know what you think.

One other thing: I need stuff to blog about. Ask me a weird question. I can expand no further on the topics of sparkly vampires and zombie strippers.

Share
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground